Thursday, February 22, 2007

Who does it for us?

I have stopped writing for a long time and trying to revive back the interest. The best deviations in life is reading or writing. We are caught up in some other situation or our mind is imagining something beyond the realm of our own problems. I know that running away from problems does not solve them but sometimes we need a break to start again with a fresh mind…ok, that’s a load of crap…we just need a break (no justification needed).

I try writing with set of expectations, “I got to be smart, witty, insightful, blah blah”…then I wonder whom am I trying to impress. I believe that highest expectations for us are set by ourselves. When others like our parents, teachers, managers, friends or anybody sets expectations which are not so close to our own ideals and we are unable to meet them, we tend to blame others. In reality, it’s just the vexation that we cannot even meet these mid level expectations and we might fail to match our perfection standard.

I keep telling myself to go with the flow of life and see where it takes me. Things don’t happen the way we perceive it to be because destiny or just life does have other interesting plans for us. Somewhere along the unknown journey, our most cherished dreams come true (well, slightly modified to the reality). So the sub/unconscious (hate taking direct blames…truly human ;) ) setting of standards got to take its cue and stop the process. I cannot expand my horizon of thought or broaden the meaning of life beyond “ME” if I do not unleash myself with no addendum to life.

No comments: