Thursday, April 5, 2007

Etched forever and ever...

I started off from my maternal uncle's place just when it started drizzling and i can hear my relatives saying, "hold on, take an umbrella or let us drop you"...i shout back saying, " i would reach home even before it starts raining, dont worry, and anyway its worth walking now than in the hot sun"

I do not wait to see their reactions because i know they would not let me walk in the rain...i hurry up towards the temple across the riverbank where my parents stay in the village...on the way, everybody near their doors offer to drop me or hold me back saying, "you will get drenched"...i would not miss this chance to enjoy the moment and i say again, "i would reach even before it starts pouring, dont worry".

Now i have reached the bridge that i need to cross to reach home...In my hurried attempt to walk, I didnt notice the houses till now but vast openness of the river bank with just sand surrounded by hills in the distance distracts me from my pace...I slow down and stroll by enjoying the view...nothing exemplary could define the way i felt when i saw it...Imagine grey clouds dominating the sky with promises of heavy shower and shadow descending on the earth whereforth the sun was blazing with its scorching heat...just gloomy...but amidst those hills, the sun shines on only one illuminating and so green amongst the other grey hills...I do not know if its common phenomena but for me it was a moment of divinity...I just stood there, no idea how long in the rain, watching the luminous hill with its breathtaking surrounding...I felt hopeful, happy and peaceful to know that i can stop my world for a moment to take such a respite...life, after all, isnt such a drudgery...

Then i hear my uncle, horning and shouting my name, " What is wrong with you? why are you grinning like an idiot in the rain? ". My uncle would be perplexed if i show him the view since its common for them being surrounded by nature.

I just replied, "Dont worry, i will reach home and it still isnt pouring" and ran towards home with the same idiotic grin.

1 comment:

Sini said...

Its almost as if i was there with u...lovely narration! :)love the rain...